Friday, February 20, 2009
I came to Texas today. At the airport in Phoenix before I left I saw a young man mid twenties that when you looked closely had a fake arm on one side and missing fingers on the other. He went to pick up his suitcase and dropped it probably six times because he didn't really have fingers to grasp the handle, then I saw an old man on the air plane and when he got off the plane I noticed that he had a tennis ball sized lump on his lef hand between his thumb and his index finger. It was the size of a tennis ball and awkward and I thought how lucky I am that my ailments aren't really imparing.. for the most part they don't even slow me down. Watching this old man; pulling his suitcase was awkward, talking on his phone was awkward... at least I have my hands!! And for right now they work just fine! I feel more and more like I really have nothing to complain about. My back may not be perfect and it may have tried to kill me but right now it is behaving and not slowing me down too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda! you got a blog! I'm proud of you! I still need to get facebook. Colt has a profile. I don't...oh well..but now I can comment on your blog! FUN FUN FUN! Did you know that you can do multiple pictures in one post? LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteThe only real ailment that I have is a HUGE pain in my neck. I probably should not name names.
ReplyDelete