Sunday, April 12, 2009

Turning old...

Well to celebrate turning old I went to the one place that will always make you feel young.... DISNEYLAND!! I had a really good time. It was funny when I was in line to get my disneyland ticket there was an old man behind me; probably in his 70's that was coming to disneyland on his birthday too. So I got to celebrate my birthday with many others who were also celebrating theirs.

Things that I have come to appreciate more as I get older...

chocolate milk out of carton
afternoon naps (man if only I could take naps)
leisure time (what is this really?)
Starry nights and rainy days
family
friends
The value of work
The need for laughter
cold mornings and hot chocolate

I've always kind of felt like there is something about growing old that you lose the appreciation for the simple things in life. That with responsibility comes forgetfulness. I long for the day that life becomes simple again, where I can appreciate those moments where I have no where to go and nothing to do and I can sit on the porch swing and look at the stars without hearing sirens or loud music.

3 comments:

  1. you say you'd love the slow life, but it drives you crazy when you do have the chance to slow down! the only way you'd enjoy it is if there was a mall nearby... i miss you, come visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! Great idea to celebrate at Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete